We’re Hiring! – WGRF Research Program Manager
Make a Difference in Western Canadian Agriculture
As one of a team of four Research Program Managers, you will be responsible for managing and administering the research funding activities of the Western Grains Research Foundation (WGRF). WGRF is a farmer funded and directed organization that is committed to increasing the profitability and sustainability of Western Canadian farmers through excellence in crop research.
- As a WGRF team member, work with staff, Board and Committee members to fund research for the benefit of farmers.
- Effectively represent WGRF at meetings/events and contribute to WGRF’s role as a leading funder of field crop research.
- Interact with researchers throughout the complete life cycle of research projects including the development and submission of proposals, and the subsequent project implementation, monitoring, and completion including reporting of research results.
- Collaborate with funding agencies and partners to identify research priorities, review proposals, and develop co-funding agreements.
- Support WGRF’s financial and program reporting requirements, contract obligations, and communication and evaluation needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably master’s) in agriculture or science with Professional Agrologist designation (or eligible).
- Significant knowledge of field crop-based agriculture in western Canada.
- Understanding of crop research funding programs, public agriculture research institutions and their scientists.
- At least five years experience in agriculture research and/or research program management.
- Commitment to a positive workplace culture that is tolerant, patient, and respectful of others.
- Self-starter with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of legal contracts, budgets and financial statements.
WGRF offers a competitive salary and benefits program. If you would like to be part of a friendly, highly motivated team located at Innovation Place in Saskatoon please send us your resume by:
4 pm Monday January 17, 2022.
Attention: Candice Lajeunesse, Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted